The piece shown above is a unique necklace that I just made for the special winner of the International Women’s Day raffle. It is made of silver and acrylic and to make things easy I’ve set up a page on the JustGiving website where you can easily and securely pay in your £2 to enter your name and email address for the chance to win.
In addition to this I hope that you will all join me for a one-day pop-up shop at Penny Fielding Gallery at 34 Orford Road, Walthamstow Village, London E17 9NJ on Saturday 9 March 2013 from 10.00-18.00 where you will alternatively be able to buy your raffle tickets directly from me. This date places us smack bang in the middle of International Women’s Day (8 March) and Mother’s Day (10 March) making this a grand celebration of women!
Along with the featured raffle piece, I will be selling my Fondue collection with 10% of the sales going to Oxfam. So here’s the ideal time to buy a unique Mother’s Day gift knowing you’re doing something good not only for your special woman, but for women around the world!
To buy your entry online, simply go to my page on the JustGiving website and click the ‘donate’ button top right and follow the simple instructions. BE SURE TO CLICK THE BOX THAT ALLOWS ME TO SEE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS so that I can contact you if you win. But if you are worried about it appearing on the site, you can email me instead at firstname.lastname@example.org. There’s a space to leave a comment, so please do and if you can give me the thumbs up to add your email to my mailing list that would be swell!
- The winner will be drawn by myself in the presence of Penny Fielding and shop patrons on site at 5.30pm on Saturday 9 March
- The winner will be contacted by Sunday morning via the email they submitted
- The winner’s name will be posted on Facebook, Twitter and here on this blog (if the winner is present at Penny Fielding Gallery, there will be a photo opportunity to be posted online the next day). In addition to this the winner can send a short bio and a web link that I can promote on my social media channels to email@example.com. As with the photo, this is optional and at the winner’s discretion.
Some Oxfam tidbits and facts:
Oxfam is inviting women to celebrate International Women’s Day with a fun Get-together with friends which will raise vital money to support women around the world.
International Women’s Day Get-together events can be anything from a bring-a-dish dinner party, to a car boot sale, to a quiz night, or Zumbathon, and thousands of events will be held on or around International Women’s day (8 March), up and down the country.
Funds raised through events will make a real difference to women around the world:
- Every minute a woman with no medical care dies in pregnancy or childbirth, but £46 raised through a Get-together coffee morning could enable Oxfam to train a midwife in Ghana, saving the lives of babies and their mothers.
- Two-thirds of all children denied school are girls, but £135 raised at a movie night Get-together could train five teachers in Mali, providing a whole generation of children with the skills they need to work their way out of poverty.
To find out more about the campaign see: www.oxfam.org.uk/womensday